If you are a CNYPA member and would like to post a classified ad, please
contact us and include the text of your ad in the comment box. Members may place up to three ads for free at a time. Non-members may also advertise on the website, but it must meet our requirements and is subject to a fee ($25 for three months). For non-members, we will send an invoice to the email address provided prior to posting. All advertisements will also be posted to the CNYPA listserve.
Clinical Director - YAI
YAI is actively seeking a
Clinical Director to support with the clinical management of our expanding
Crisis Services for Individuals with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities
(CSIDD) in Central
New York (Region 2) with a projected opening of CY 2022.
The CSIDD (formerly NY START) Clinical Director will provide full-time oversight to the Clinical
Team and Therapeutic Support Services. The Clinical Director will be responsible for clinical
education team meetings and providing consultation to Community Providers and Psychologists.
- Ph.D. in Psychology and licensed by the State’s/Province’s Psychology Board.
- Extensive experience in intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), specifically with
people who have I/DD and Behavioral Health needs. Experience developing and implementing
positive behavior support plans preferred.
- Must be a certified coordinator or can complete the
START Coordinator certification process
within 6-12 months of hiring.
- For some START programs, a full-time Clinical Director is a Master’s level clinician with a
minimum of 7 years’ clinical experience working with individuals with MH and/or I/DD. In
these situations, supervision and consultation from a clinical psychologist (Ph.D. required) must
be available. This is an exception and must be approved by the Center for START Services.
- Provide oversight and consultation on positive behavior and interaction supports and other
- Review START related documentation and provide clinical input.
- Provide training and consultation to staff, families and providers including ongoing organization
and conducting of CETs.
- Assist CSIDD Coordinators with preparation for
START Coordinator certification.
- Participate in recurring team meetings as necessary.
- Develop positive support and interaction plans as necessary for guests at the resource center
who require more extensive safety measures (if applicable).
- Participate in discussion regarding potential resource center admissions (if applicable).
- Provide on-site consultation as needed for individuals receiving
START therapeutic coaching.
- Enter, monitor and assure data entry for all team members in the
START Information Reporting
System. Use data to inform programmatic decision-making.
- Provide administrative on-call support to the Crisis On-Call Coordinator
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills.
- Willing to take initiative.
- Highly flexible personality type.
YAI has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy for its staff. If hired, you will be required to
obtain a COVID-19 vaccine pursuant to this policy from a provider of your choice, unless you are
granted a reasonable accommodation based upon disability or religion pursuant to federal, state, or
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam
or disabled veteran. YAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.